? for 11 second Cummins

ramctd said:
I think MDW has a Texas version of a Red Rocket. The old girl has ran 11.2s at 121mph I think a few weeks ago.

http://www.hotroddiesels.com/media/1136.wmv

Yea I raced with them a while back at the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drags. They are much faster now. We had a great time at that event and met a lot of great people. That drive from Arlington Washington to Houston Texas was a killer :rockwoot:

Nowel actually gave that truck the name "The Texas Red Rocket"

Hoss said:
Yea I raced with them a while back at the Nowel Thomas Memorial Drags. They are much faster now. We had a great time at that event and met a lot of great people. That drive from Arlington Washington to Houston Texas was a killer :rockwoot:

Nowel actually gave that truck the name "The Texas Red Rocket"

Well I think the original Texas Red Rocket is sort of retired in the back of the shop now. This one I think was an old parts runner or work truck that has been reborn.

Last edited:
ramctd said:
Well I think the original Texas Red Rocket is sort of retired in the back of the shop now. This one I think was an old parts runner or work truck that has been reborn.

Could be have been out of the loop with the guys down there :frown:

I would love to get back down there and race again.

I swung down and had a chat with Michael last weekend. I think this year if he gets some time he will put together an awesome truck. I hope my money tree blooms soon, I have a wounded engine and can't get on the track until fixed. It is driving me crazy. Hopefully by the Nowel Thomas event it will be healthy again. It is an event that I look forward to all year.

Back