For those who went from he351cw to super b

12v Ford

So what is the verdict for those who put the super b single on their truck. Are they the same spoolup and power, or was there a noticable gain from the super b.

I know the super b is a s300g, and from what I've been reading, the 300g and the 351 aren't different enough to matter.

I'm building a set of twins for my 12v at high alltitude and I'm trying to decide which turbo with cool better and spool the best.

Thanks.

the S300g moves a little more air and clearly moves more exhaust, and you get the benefit of using a common S300/S400 twin setup that is modular and upgradeable, whereas the HE341/351 piping setups are totally different and you're stuck with one of those two turbos

I went from my stock HE341 to a BD Super B Single

Nice small upgrade, that spools instantly and I have very cool EGTs

I wish I would have gone a tad larger though......maybe in the Spring. It was a good beginner/starter turbo that I had been pleased with

HE341: 54/58/9
BD Super B Single: 57/65/14
BD Super B Special: 64/71/14.

I had no problems with mine, it was a good little turbo I just needed more air. If I remember correctly it starts to spool around 1300rpm and it takes off from there. That was in my setup anyhow.

Had the he341 went to 351 then the super and the egts were slightly lower (till about 95mph) and boost stayed the same however I did like it over the he351

I still can't decide which one to go with. I think I may go with the 351 and use the adapter piece to go to hx40 flange on the hotpipe so I can upgrade to an s300 if need be. The price of the 351's is hard to beat.

Back