Friday night playtime!

THATpreston

Brush your teeth.
Keating and I rolled over to the 1/8 mile Crossville track last night. Great hook for a test and tune. Here is the breakdown of the 4 passes:

1. Not sure what happened. Looked like Keating did not have enough brake pressure and with the changes in the 4 link, it lifted the front wheels thru the light. This told Keating several things about the changes in the 4 link.

2. Pass 2 got more brake pressure at the line and that seemed to solve the rolling thru the lights. Did manage to lift the left front wheel (wheres the damn camera when I need it?). 5.62 @ 127.

3. There was this killer 5 second Pro Stock Dakota at the front of the track that you would have to be blind to not notice. We asked around if he might be interested in a couple of heads up races. Next thing we know, the tower is telling everyone that the first call out of the night is on. Keating bogged it off the line somehow and ran a 5.81 @ 126.3 to the Dakotas 5.60 @ 121.0.

4. Dakota guys roll down to our pits and chat and discuss diesel. Next thing I know we have a rematch. Keating cuts his best light of the night and runs a 5.58 @ 128.0 to the Dakotas 5.62 @ 122.1. Huge front wheel lift.

This Dakota was very well built and they were working out chassis tuning. They will be much faster the next time we see them....hopefully next weekend!

Last edited:
Yeah...we really did. Keating really enjoyed heads up with the Dakota guys. I'm certain they had not planned on racing a diesel when they left the house. :rockwoot:

...Note to self (Pe'air): Bring loaded camera to track every time.:bang

That rocks man. I'm glad you guys got to whup up on a gasser. Nice times by the way. I have actually been to Crossville a time or two, didnt know they had a strip up there. did you guys make a pit stop at the flea market and Outlet malls? LOL

Sounds like ya'll had fun, which is what it's all about :D

Wheelie bars on order?? LOL

Back