Front axle longer control arms

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Like you all knew 4wd Dodge 2500 front axle (Dana60) is not cented with front fender. It is moved from center at last 2 inch backward.

After I install my 35'' tires I noticed the difference.

I want to move my front axle at least 1 inch forward to get more clearence for tires and better look.

Have someone installed longer control arms?

I found solution for my problems, I have to make my own longer control arms, because no one do not make 1 inch longer arms for 5 inch suspension lift.

I will use Jonny Joins, the price is good ($35) and they are rebuildable and all hardware is available .(like tube adapter for tube with 1.5'' inside diameter):rockwoot:
Also the mounting width to front axle and frame is same as stock. (2 5/8'')

d_152.jpg

t_388.jpg

t_1990.jpg

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=388&cat=59&page=1

Have someone used it before?

I actually was thinking of doing the same thing, My arm busshings are shot on my 98, and was gonna just purchase/build new, longer ones, as Im going up to 35s with the D-25s , do you have a trac bar drop bracket on your truck, if not, you would gain some of your space back, get the axle back to center.....
Shawn

Currently I have stock track bar and drop bracket for it. It's nod good designe,it worn out after 2000 miles.

I also have a drop pitman arm and I see pitman arm contact marks on trackbar. :doh:

I have to fabricate my own trackbar, because I will install front MagHydec diff cover and with it is impossible to use stock trackbar.

My have to do mod list is at least 2 page long, starting from : tranny, brakes, twins, suspension .........:doh: $.02

Anything over 4" of lift I would suggest the Cepek Long Arm kit.
Just adding 1" length to the factory control arm length still has problems.
You will still have a steep angle which makes the axle move forward and backwards as it articulates.
The long arm kit can be bolted on the frame a little more forward if desired.
I moved mine forward from where they suggested.

Also, if you are able, or know anyone that can fabricate and weld, make your own trackbar bracket.
I made my own and used a 3rd gen trackbar.

I also made my own crossover steering set-up.
Just enough of a bend on the end of the crossover bar to clear a Dana 70 Mag-Hytec front cover.
The trackbar bracket doesn't hit the front cover at all.

Couple of pics below, more in my gallery.

Cepek_Long_Arm.jpg

B_KIRK_03_Trackbar_Bracket.jpg

Brad

Back