front axle questions

tarter6bt

broke ass
i was doin some talkin and thinkin. is it possible to swap axles shaft out of a 01 dodge truck into a 94 dana 60? eliminating the need for vaccum lines or a posi lock system. if it is possible.....

1. what all would a person need to do the swap?

2. would it be easier to just swap the whole axle itself?

3. or just get the posi lock system?

any input would be great

Why not just hook a vacuum line right to the CAD to keep it engaged full time? Not as elegant, but its free. Thats what I've done to mine.

I did the posilok to mine and have loved it. Now that I have the 2lo option moving heavy loads without the front binding is great.

I was leaning more towards the posi lock system. How hard and long does it take to install?

Takes less than an hour to install my first one. The second one would be easier

Well I reckon I know what im gettin now. Im sick of waiting on the vaccum bull sh*t to work. It takes ever bit of 5 mins for it to lock in 4wd

i was doin some talkin and thinkin. is it possible to swap axles shaft out of a 01 dodge truck into a 94 dana 60? eliminating the need for vaccum lines or a posi lock system. if it is possible.....

1. what all would a person need to do the swap?

2. would it be easier to just swap the whole axle itself?

3. or just get the posi lock system?

any input would be great

The right side no CAD axle from 01-02 truck will not work in 96 axle housing, becasue:
1. 01 axe have 32 splines in diff versus 96 had 30 splines
2. 01 and 96 total axle lenght is different, if I remember correctly 01 shaft is longer .

My advice, just swap the alxe ,like I did and you get better brakes.

Back