Front rotor removal question

jkretzer

MegaCrank
First off what is the size of the axle nut, i did a search and came up with 2 different sizes? also what is involved with this project, i just need to know how much time i should allow which will help me determine when i can work on it.

First off what is the size of the axle nut, i did a search and came up with 2 different sizes? also what is involved with this project, i just need to know how much time i should allow which will help me determine when i can work on it.

1 11/16"

thanks i will snag one from work tomorrow. does the wheel bearing have to be removed to get the rotor off. my rotor split in half from rust so the back half is just kind of flopping around the axle and the outter half is still in tact. any help would be great. thanks josh

What year truck are you working on? I just did my 01 and to change the rotors you just need to remove the caliper and the rotor just slides over the studs took about an hour a side on mine.

Yeah the older 24vs are alot different, not sure why they did them that way, PITA

i can deal with knocking th estuds out but i did a search yesterday and i read that on a 99 they had to take out the entire wheel bearing assembly. i dont have time for that right now. it looks to me that it should just slide right off (maybe a little persuation) and then bump the studs out and replace. lets hope. thanks

Back