Fuel Cell Mount Photos

RickFox

I am looking at getting a fuel cell for my truck and was looking at mounting it under the bed in place of the spare tire carrier. I was curious if anyone had any photos of how they had done this? Ford, GM, Dodge doesnt matter seems like a good subject for photos!

I am looking at getting a fuel cell for my truck and was looking at mounting it under the bed in place of the spare tire carrier. I was curious if anyone had any photos of how they had done this? Ford, GM, Dodge doesnt matter seems like a good subject for photos!

I mounted mine just over in the bed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm back halfing my truck, so i have my fuel cell for sale. It has the factory sending unit integrated so your factory gauge still works. Fits between factory crossmembers.

A800175F-F027-4307-A9A9-57254E6CA130_zpspybjbent.jpg

Like others I mounted mine on top of the bed. The area where the spare tires goes was going to be a nightmare to mount a cell for me.

Either it was going to take extensive fab work or the cell was going to hang down way too low.

I'm back halfing my truck, so i have my fuel cell for sale. It has the factory sending unit integrated so your factory gauge still works. Fits between factory crossmembers.

That is what I am looking at doing, but you are a little far away, lol. Looks good!

How many gallons is the tank and what's your price?

I plan to go with something like JP's setup in my truck too... But it will be a 40-50 gallon cell and it has to be SFI legal so it will have a shell and bladder. I need to find one soon so we can do the short bed conversion on my truck.

For the few that went with the eBay option, what are you using to help vent the tank on the other return port on top of the cell? Just a simple clamp on K&N filter from the "performanc" vatò zone section?

Absolutely, eBay deal dodgetrex is the sellers name. I just checked his store and it looks like he has ran out of stock or isn't selling any more?. However I suggest sending him an email.

I have this one, a few friends have some of his other products. Quality stuff with a low...ish price tag.

Adding yet another question, sorry... 2"x2" angle iron to build a "cage" for the cell, then attach to frame via bolt in brackets. Does that sound about right? Is there anything in the rule book on mounting this thing? I.E. bolt strength, where it's mounted, welding, yada yada yada...?

Back