Fuel Cell Sending Unit/Factory Gauge

CREED1

Throwed Off
Alirght guys I put a fuel cell in my swb dually project but I havent been able to figure out how to wire the sending unit that came in the fuel cell to my factory fuel gauge. I know I will probably need to use some resistors to make the two compatable but I can't seem to figure out what ohm the factory gauge is, anybody know the answer? Also which wire would the resistor go on?

I find it hard to believe with all the gearheads on this site nobody knows this answer? TTT

ive asked a few poeple and never got an answer, i just ended up putting an autometer gauge that matched the sending unit. But id like to know also,so i can hook up the factory gauge

Try a ohm meter on the fuel cell unit.Do it then move the float all the way up.Note the ohm.With the power off check the truck wires and gauge.Then get a resistor to match the difference.I would start there.The BK/LB is the ground.

how about measuring the ohm's on the factory unit and put a resister to match it on the fuel cell sender

To cycle a reading for the fatory guage what would I need to do. I understand moving the float to get the reading on the sending unit but to get the ohm reading on the factory gauge what do I need to do cycle the key on?

I understand that part just wondering what the beginning ohm reading for the factory gauge is or how to measure it with a ohm meter. Then measure the ohm reading at the sending unit and matching it with a resistor. But how do I find the reading the gauge is putting out. Sorry im not really an expert on this type of stuff. Thanks for the help so far though guys

You need to get the factory sending unit and test it without anything hooked up to it, just the ohm meter.You will get a ohm reading off it, empty and full.Then match it to the fuel cell unit.

That makes more sense I guess I will start there and see what happens.

sorry man its not going to work

99% of the fuel cells come with the GM sender. the dodge is backwards from it, even if you get the voltage right with resistors, the gauge will work backwards

sorry man its not going to work

99% of the fuel cells come with the GM sender. the dodge is backwards from it, even if you get the voltage right with resistors, the gauge will work backwards

Not to bring up an old thread but I had a question:
Could you just switch the polarity at the sender or the gauge?

If nothing else it doesn't look that hard to manipulate the gauge cluster to change the F to an E and the E to an F

Back