fuel pressure regulator ???

hyper14h

red around the neck
ok i have a buddy that has an 05 rollback it came loose in the top end so they put a new motor in it reusing all the old electronics and fuel system. they fired it up and it just sits and hazzes white smoke and you can smell raw fuel and if you whip your finger in the exaust its covered in fuel. they tryed to take it down the road and of course its a dog. i pluged into it and it had a code i think it was fuel regulator bank one or something in that manner im not up to far on my d maxs but to me the way its acting i would have to agree with the code but before he bought a new regulator i wanted to make sure there wasnt something with the swap that could of done it as far as i no they time them selves correct? because thats kinda what it acts like its like an old 6.2 with the timing retarded like crazy. an info would be well appriciated thanks.

also forgot to put they broke the water in fuel sensor so it is not hooked up didnt think that would do that but i dontno for sure

WIF sensor has no bearing in the situation. Can you get us the exact code?

i just got ahold of him it is code p0090 fuel pressure regulator one control circuit

There is a fuel injection control module on the front pass valve cover. Check the wiring harness for it at the alternator for cut/frayed wires.
Did they happen to wash the reused parts? The FICM can't be sprayed directly from what I read.

Is there a plug like this one loose ?--------------------------

Attachments

• Duramax%20007.jpg
    Duramax%20007.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
If you have raw fuel in the exhaust you are going to destroy that new engine in a hurry!

Back