Fueling Problem

hsfd26

Ok I just had my injectors honed and balanced suppost to be a 25 horse injector. Truck runs fine untill I put my PPE programmer on and it runs like a crackhead that stole a bicycle but it starrts to pop(sounds like a blown smallblock with too hot of a plug and not enough fuel) I have my cp3 moded fass 150 pump and fuel rail shimmed. Does anybody know if i need to put he race plug in it or do the modified fuel rail.

Problem is most likely the tuner is trying to supply a cetain amount of fuel and you new injectors are giving ??% more than that; throwing everything out of sync. You need EFILive now to compensate for the injectors.

Had EFI Live installed over the weekend on hsfd26 truck and it still pops bad. Going to try something else but not sure at the moment.

The tunning is great made good power ran fine half way home and started the popping again didnt do it on the dyno or during the test drive go figure. Dont worry bluextc we will get it right its only money, oh wait Im out of the green stuff.

It takes someone that has tuned % over injectors most times to get it just right. Best bet is to log the current tune and diagnose from there.

Belive the problem has been uncovered cp3 died and had bad connectors. Go figure

Finally the truck is back among the living. It was only a few bad injectors, bad cP3, and a fried ecm. But its alive and kicking. Couldnt have done it without the help from bluextx and Danville Performance. Thanks to the both of you and bluextc your work and time spent under the hood of an evil truck has not gone unapreciated. Ill make it up to you soon as I get over the sting. Thanks again. Oh yeah do you charge for mouse irridaction:hehe:

Man that's a lot of failure at once. Always good to hear one's back up and running again.

Yeah the pump was weak to begin with and really didnt like the 20 over injectors. And the injector problem happend with the PPE programer we think, it cracked what Im calling the cup on the driver side rear and it didnt really show its ugly head untill we pushed it to over 500 hp. Really dont know happend to the ECM but it died. Oh well its now in the 600ish hp range.

Back