Game day, Tranny go BOOM!!

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
Well the trans blew today. No movement at all. Was half throttle. 22psi. Trans went into overdrive. BOOM SNAP!!!! Something defently snapped.

Nv4500 swap will be this weekend ( as long as my valair clutch comes)
If anyone is in need of pictures or has advice before I swap. Post it here!!!

just make sure you have all your parts before you start the swap that way you wont be runnin around town gettin parts you thought you didnt need in the beginning

youll be surprised on how many people dont have common sense these days

I'm going to push my truck around town incase I need parts. Yep let me get right on that. I'm pretty sure I've done alot of research on how to do this and spent a long time getting the parts for it. Being I don't have common sense. What size socket do I need for a 12mm nut

I thought about that once but used a sander, I went through alot of sandpaper but that nut was soooo smooth

The only wierd thing I've come across when doing a swap is that the Dana 70 is actually shorter than a Dana 80, so if you have a driveshaft out of the same configuration truck with a stick, it still might be too short.

Of course if you have a dually or are swapping in an 80 at the same time, problem solved!

Oh boy. This driveshaft is out of a 24valve with a Dana 80. But it was a 2wd also. Hmmm

Back