Gearhead tunes

Doppler

Been a while since I've been on other than just reading tech info. Just ordered my custom tunes from Matt. I guess in a couple of days I'll be able to do a butt dyno comparison and also have a road trip coming up that I can compare mileage on as well. Just went with the SRL, 8k tow, and the unlimited tow tunes until the truck is ready for something more powerful.

From what I understand you should like them. Shifting and power are very good with him.

Matt' stuff is awesome. My truck hasn't been of off his SRL in I couldn't tell you how long. Damn tune even tows pretty well.

Matt' stuff is awesome. My truck hasn't been of off his SRL in I couldn't tell you how long. Damn tune even tows pretty well.

I was wondering about that as well. My travel trailer weighs around 4k lbs and my car hauler with rock crawler on it is 6.5k lbs so I was wondering if the SRL tune would handle light duty towing applications.

Best tunes I ever had on my 6.0, trans shifts are near perfect and the power is all there. SRL extreme, SRL+, heavy tow. You should be fine without studs on the SRL as long as you don't tow with it.

Last edited:
Best tunes I ever had on my 6.0, trans shifts are near perfect and the power is all there. SRL extreme, SRL+, heavy tow. You should be fine without studs on the SRL as long as you don't tow with it.

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering about that as well. My travel trailer weighs around 4k lbs and my car hauler with rock crawler on it is 6.5k lbs so I was wondering if the SRL tune would handle light duty towing applications.

I'm not going to say what I've towed or how much weight, but I have never felt the need to change to a tow tune. ;)

Well hoping to get a tune dowload today. I've called Matt and emailed hime to see if he received all my info correctly but still haven't gotten a response. Hard to be patient when you're excited!

Got my tunes downloaded and the SRL programmed on the truck. Running my initial 50 mile adjustment to let the computers learn and adjust to the new parameters. So far just on a light but constant acceleration to highway speed I could feel a difference in the way the truck just kept pushing itself up to highway speed. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll get to try it out passing a few folks, and will see how mpg does as a comparison. So far I'm impressed.

The SRL just keeps building power! Highway mileage hasn't suffered, seems to actually be better so far. Have seen very little smoke when I accelerate hard so that's a huge plus.

Back