Got sold a bad motor!

Having the end of a flycut melted like that isn't uncommon and it would run just fine like that. There may be other issues that the seller did know about, but unless he pulled the head, that likely wasn't one of them.

Having the end of a flycut melted like that isn't uncommon and it would run just fine like that. There may be other issues that the seller did know about, but unless he pulled the head, that likely wasn't one of them.

Which I understand. I've seen pistons a lot worse. But still he got the thing dam hot enough. Still can't re use them though, or at least I wouldn't. He definitely blew the HG though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm not made of money I can't just build a motor. I know I didn't hear it run. But he straight up lied. I'm sorry if a few thousand dollars doesn't mean much to you. But to me its everything.

I know that if I buy an engine that doesn't run I pay core value, unless I know the seller from experience, and know where to find him if I need to.
I know you were lied to, and that blows, but you'll spend time & money trying to get money back with no promise you'll win in court. Three or four months down the road you'll still be fighting it. If you can't work a deal with the seller, I'm afraid it will be a long road to happiness.

I wish you good luck.

Well i learned to never buy a motor ive never heard run. As for getting my money back, i mine as well give it shot. Gonna do some looking into online today about it.

What I meant by my post was that I don't see anything out of the ordinary with relieved pistons. They will melt the edges of the flycuts. Clean it up and check bearings and run the piss out of it. It's not like you were looking for a daily driver engine, you bought it to beat on sled pulling! If your pistons in the other engine don't look like that, you're not trying hard enough!

Holy sh!t, I went to school with that kid, he was in my graduating class. That sucks, I never liked that kid that much anyways. You want his Facebook?
sent while texting and driving

I understand what you meant. But between that and the blown HG it wasnt starting. So who knows there could have been more wrong. And he lied about alot of other stuff, like the head having work done to it, and saying he woulda started it for me that morning when i bought it. So i threw my other motor in which has a much better head and i know whats been done to it. I swapped over injection pumps. And no thanks i got all the info i need on him.

I'm with Bullrack, don't see anything there that scares me, I understand your being pissed though, I've dealt with having a place install all kinds of parts then down the road finding out none of the parts I paid for were in the engine, hard not to be livid.

Those pistons look alright, I wouldn't be the least bit afraid to run em

Now this.....I would worry about this. LOL

JDpistonDHS1.jpg

To start with those are not the best pistons for a performance build any way. So it may have done you a favor. The slight melting isn't bad enough to worry about. I would put a new gasket and your head on it and run it if your tight on money. Those pistons won't like a lot of timing

I put my old motor back in and used the "new" injection pump. Gonna set that motor aside and when I get some extra money start building it.

Back