Grafting 2 harnesses

NEVRNF

I am about to do a 06 ECM conversion on my 03 motor. I have a 06 harness and pedal but i would like to keep my 03 valve cover. I don't want to use the 03 harness as i have had some issues last year and i feel it is harness related.
I lost my hookup to Alldata so can someone get me the 06 wiring harness schematics so i can cut the plugs off and rewire it using the 03 ends for the rocker box pass through?
Thanks.

You Can also google marine valve cover install, BDP has a helluva writeup on using a 03-05 Rockerbox/inj harness setup on their website.

Contact joefarmer on here, be builds EFI harnesses VERY reasonably, did mine for my swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old fashioned way is to take the valve covers off both and trace which wires go where, clip, snip, solder and shrink wrap, as necessary.

Mark.

What all is needed to convert an 03 to 06 harness? Anything besides the wiring harness?

Mark, That would require me to buy the 06 valve cover parts to look at. I want to keep my 03 style.

Kick. you would need the ECM and a fuel pedal also.

Actually, all you'd need is the 2006 valve cover gasket to trace wiring.

Mark.

So I called BDP today after looking at the website and they no longer list the parts for the conversion. I was told it would take a few weeks to source the Deutsch plugs. So does anyone know what part number the plugs, pins and seals are? American Terminal is a couple of miles from my house and they have all sorts of Deutsch stuff.

Harness is in and truck runs. I ended up just cutting the plugs off of my 03 harness. I have only 1 wire to find then I can button up everything. I am asking for help as I can't seem to find the Tach signal going into the C130 connector? Can someone look at a schematic for me and find what I am missing? I have looked at it and I must be skipping over it.
Thanks.

I have to say after tuning this that i am kicking myself for not switching sooner. I can't believe the improvement over the Smarty as far as smoke controll and overall driveability.
I want to thank Nick and Chris at Cummins Tuner for the tunes. I am happy but sad at the same time. I found the limit of MY single pump with a bag of parts. Dynoed in the daily driver program at 577 and 1042. Tee race programs saw Cp3 drop so time to find a twin kit for the second Cp3 i have sitting on the shelf.

I got my conversion almost done just need a 48 re trans harness than I can get it installed , can't wait !

Back