Greene County Fairgrounds Open Diesel Hook

nice looking pull. track looks a little on the dry side there with the dust being blown up by the exhaust.

nice looking pull. track looks a little on the dry side there with the dust being blown up by the exhaust.

Thanks. It was definately dry & they weren't fixing the start line very well. By the pulloff, we were bouncing down the track. I'm still loading vids, but my clutch went out in the pulloff. Damn hydraulics failed on me & kept my clutch partially engaged.

I think my camera man may have been drunk, but here is half of the video of Brian Ross truck going out of bounds. It is very hard to see, but he didn't go far out. I hate winning that way. This sled was terrible puller, was all over the track. He shouldn't have been disqualified.

YouTube - Brian Ross Ford Greene county fair Pulloff

I just wish that rules would state that you have to drive it to the pulls if it is considered a street truck. Not just take your weights off your purpose built puller. Is winning $150 that important that there was more trucks trailered in that couldn't make it to the next town to pickup coffe then be considered a street truck. I'm venting but it is getting out of hand around here. Diesels don't get any respect. Everyone just throws a street class and an open class just to get it over with so they can get the 100 gassers started. They never lifted one hood or checked one suspension yesterday. There were some guys with stock clutches and just a programmer and tearing their trucks up and then they are competing against 2.8 and 3.0+ chargers. Alright I'm done.

well bud,ITS called,I gota a ride home.if your gona pull your truck,,you better have INS,an I know a bunch of trucks that have 2.6 turbos that can beat a 3.0 truck.if they don't care what turbo you run for that class.step up to the plate an build your truck,don't be bring down the guys that are beating you,go home an work on it,beat them next time,If your not smart enough to build it,find some one to do it for you,if you can't do that,Take the butt woopens an shut up,ITS PULLIN,

well bud,ITS called,I gota a ride home.if your gona pull your truck,,you better have INS,an I know a bunch of trucks that have 2.6 turbos that can beat a 3.0 truck.if they don't care what turbo you run for that class.step up to the plate an build your truck,don't be bring down the guys that are beating you,go home an work on it,beat them next time,If your not smart enough to build it,find some one to do it for you,if you can't do that,Take the butt woopens an shut up,ITS PULLIN,

What my brother is saying is that in our area, there is no such thing as a tech anymore. My truck is a actual daily driver/tow rig & I am pulling against 3.0 & 3.4 charger trucks with power adders which are trailered in & pulling street class 2.6 or smaller. We have friends who want to pull "stock" trucks, but they can't even get the sleds moving anymore. I have a 2.6 truck & last year, I pulled the hot diesel class. It was a very competitive class & teched accordingly. This year, there are no classes, just "bring your balls & put them on the track". Thats all fun, but there is a class for it called "Open Diesel" or "RWYB". Letting trucks like these pull with stockers is ruining our sport. If nobody has noticed, each pull is getting less people attending because the stock trucks aren't showing up.

I don't pull but it would be a better show and have more participants if they would just add some more classes. I love watching all sled pulls but it is a competition. Maybe considered brush pulls but why not make them entertaining. Why watch ten guys beat their street trucks up and watch someone else that can't drive the street pull against them. I can care less but just enjoy watching good competition. Other sports obey rules and regs. I am not complaining of the guys who run in the class, but no techs and not enough classes.

:We have a stock,street,and open.
Stock: intake exhaust and one chip
Street : must drive in have tages and insurance no hangin weights or hood stacks
Open: anything goes

Good pull sorry to hear about ur clutch
I am gettin me a triple disc clutch :).

:We have a stock,street,and open.
Stock: intake exhaust and one chip
Street : must drive in have tages and insurance no hangin weights or hood stacks
Open: anything goes

Good pull sorry to hear about ur clutch
I am gettin me a triple disc clutch :).

Thats how the rules are here too, but they dont get followed. You can pull anything as long as you have a registration card & insurance card...even if the cards belong to the tow rig which hauled the truck in.

The Ford has a bushed charger. As far as I know it does have license and insurance.

The Ford has a bushed charger. As far as I know it does have license and insurance.

Nobody is pointing fingers at just one guy Kevin. I honestly feel that I shouldn't be pulling with stock trucks. It would be nice to have tech inspections though to keep people honest. I always loved watching the stock truck classes when they were "stock" truck classes. It was awesome seeing how they compared right off the floor.

If that was put on by PPP it's not just a stock truck class. I know Listie also allows a bushed 2.6 charger. I know it sucks but look at how much money I've spent on my truck over the last five years. You keep spending and think your getting somewhere then someone like Charlie hit's the right combination and you have to start again.

If that was put on by PPP it's not just a stock truck class. I know Listie also allows a bushed 2.6 charger. I know it sucks but look at how much money I've spent on my truck over the last five years. You keep spending and think your getting somewhere then someone like Charlie hit's the right combination and you have to start again.

LOL, yeah. Same here. It does suck!

well talk to the fair board,there the ones not wantting to spend money,so the pulling org sells them a few classes,an thats what you get,and if its the class the big hammers are pullin in,then its all you,When I had a sreet truck I would pull with the mod trucks every chance I got,cause there r times you can beat them too,an did I complain when I took 3rd out of 6,heck no,I had fun,its pullin,go prepared or go HOME

Hey, I don't want to sound like a sore loser or anything, I don't even compete. I actually take failure pretty good. :Cheer:I just enjoy watching and just would like to see 50 trucks in a class. There were 100 Street diesels in the lot puffin smoke every chance they get but no class for them to compete in. Yeah they could of hooked if they really wanted. I don't know who decides what as far as classes, I'm just a spectator who would like to see a great sport become more popular in our area. If that's how it is everywhere then I guess it will catch on big around here too. Listie was set up nice but they ask you what you have and ask what class you want in and thats fine. I talked Jamie to pull in hot street because I didn't think it was fair to pull in a stock apearing turbo class with a 64. Their were prob 5 trucks in that class that could of spanked him.

I guess you are supossed to run in the least competitive class they will let you run in? :bang

I'm glad I never got involved because it is an expensive, addictive sport.

Hey, I don't want to sound like a sore loser or anything, I don't even compete. I actually take failure pretty good. :Cheer:I just enjoy watching and just would like to see 50 trucks in a class. There were 100 Street diesels in the lot puffin smoke every chance they get but no class for them to compete in. Yeah they could of hooked if they really wanted. I don't know who decides what as far as classes, I'm just a spectator who would like to see a great sport become more popular in our area. If that's how it is everywhere then I guess it will catch on big around here too. Listie was set up nice but they ask you what you have and ask what class you want in and thats fine. I talked Jamie to pull in hot street because I didn't think it was fair to pull in a stock apearing turbo class with a 64. Their were prob 5 trucks in that class that could of spanked him.

I guess you are supossed to run in the least competitive class they will let you run in? :bang

I'm glad I never got involved because it is an expensive, addictive sport.

Mom really did drop you on your head as a kid, I remember it now. :bang :hehe:

Back