GT 42

strokersmoker

housing selection?? looking for a different housing, not sure what one i have but its to loose. what is the smallest choice

turbine?
i believe a .9 1.1 1.28 and a 1.38 some are gated some arent,,, google garret gt42... it will give u right answers

I have a used 1.01. Comes as a complete turbo. Just rebuilt with new compressor wheel.

I run a gt4202R with a .85 gt 40 turbine housing machined to fit the 42 turbine wheel. must have wastegate to run this set up. works well daily drive it on a 12 valve with a tight converter at 6000' elevation. Tom at turbo resource did this for me.

And no i would not want to tow with this set up as i run it as a single.

Try to find the A/R number on your turbine housing to confirm it's bigger than the 1.01. You can order a 1.01 from a Garrett distributor. I checked the one I deal with and they have some on order right now.

Also confirm which GT42 you have because the flange is different between the two. The GT4294 has a comp wheel measuring 70.3mm inducer, 94mm exducer, and the 4202 has a 74.7mm x 102.3mm. It's probably the 4202 and you have a T4 flange setup but the 4294 uses a TE06 flange (Large Frame Diesel Divided) which is larger.

You can also confirm what turbo you have with the part number on the dataplate assuming no parts have been changed on it. Post the number if you find it.

Hope that helps.

Back