gt single or small towing twins?

AHall

Hobbyist
Im running the gt3788r right now and my buddy offered me $1200 for the kit. Im thinking about doing it and using the money for studs and headwork. Then id just run my h1c over my gt4294. It'd move more air, spool faster, and keep egts nice and cool. I think it'd be a fun street and towing setup.

not familiar with garrett chargers, but you will be much more happy with the twins i just finished up twins on a first gen and and am more than happy with it, its just a fun street truck. i'm going to do my tow twins in a few months hx35 over 74mm garrett. from what i have read and researched it should be a good set up. right now i tow with the mods in my sig and its a bear to keep the 66 lit with over 15k behind it.

Im running a 63.5/72.5/.89 now, it flows close to 70lbs/min. New setup would be 56mm h1c(~50lbs/min) and gt4294 (1.01a/r exhaust) has a comp with 67.8mm inducer and 94mm exducer(~80lbs/min). So it'd be capable of 130lbs/min? Frame size of gt42 is comparable to s400. I think it'd spool awesome. But on the other hand i do like my BB single...

I ran a hx40/35-14cm over a gt4202 and had great results. The truck spooled quick and towed like a dream. Smoke control was a nice feature as well.

Im sure it would be better than what i have. Should spool really fast with this setup.

Im running a 63.5/72.5/.89 now, it flows close to 70lbs/min. New setup would be 56mm h1c(~50lbs/min) and gt4294 (1.01a/r exhaust) has a comp with 67.8mm inducer and 94mm exducer(~80lbs/min). So it'd be capable of 130lbs/min? Frame size of gt42 is comparable to s400. I think it'd spool awesome. But on the other hand i do like my BB single...

When you run twins you dont flow more air than the low pressure charger. Your high press turbo repressurizes what the low pressure charger has already brought in.

hmmm so it'd still be about 80lbs/min then? I wonder the 12v power potential would be on these.

with that engine you could do a lot for 1200bones... studs injectors and everything to twin it... do it!

Already got plenty of fuel. Now im just needing more air. Plus i think it would broaden my powerband quite abit. I think I could build the twins for 1200 or less. I'll be doin all the work and can get all the parts at cost and already got the turbos. It'd be nice to add a valet for normal driving and go to full fuel for dynos and racin around.

Sounds like you already know what you want to do. I am swapping from a S464 to a He341 and S466ett twinset myself for that purpose, better steet manners and great towing.

Nice so it'll be a similar flowing and spooling setup as mine. Let me know how it works out for you. The more i talk about it the more excited i get about it.

Wonder if it'd be worth it to upgrade h1c to h1c/h1e 60mm and gt4294 to 4202 75mm. How much would spool up change and cooling and power increase.

Back