H&S MCC tuning

smith075

I'm in south west Michigan and im looking for someone to do H&S mcc tuning on my truck soon. *nx*:charger:

I had good results with dave mathews at draconian diesel. But i would say unless your a 4th gen or already have an H&S tuner, EFI would be the better choice if your 3rd gen.

Dave is always a good tuner choice, but I'd save my money for MCC until after H&S comes out with more parameters.

We are working on tuning now. Should have something available soon. Dont wanna send it out til all the bugs are worked out.

When you figure out the transmission tuning I would be a customer. I want to raise shift points higher than the factory tow/haul settings, and I don't trust myself to tune it.

Chris

Chris...
It will only go BOOM once,LOL.
Sometimes you just have to jump in feet first....LOL........Andy

Yeah, trust me, I know that all too well.

I just need this truck too bad to fubar it....right now....

Chris

I have the custom mcc tune from Dave you. He takes care of his customers and gives them what they want. Minus smoke. He doesn't do smoke tunes.

I'm really looking to get it tuned on a dyno or someone have the truck so that every thing is set the way it needs to be.

They shouldnt be too far off with data logging for the mini maxx but i havent been following what they are currently working on with it. I know if your a stock truck Dave pretty much has doing remote tuning down through MCC. First tune he sent me made 460/1028 and that was just an all around daily driver. Mileage was pretty good on it too. Not sure what kinda tune your looking for but Im sure if you got in contact with him he can answer any questions or concerns you have alot better.

Yeah, trust me, I know that all too well.

I just need this truck too bad to fubar it....right now....

Chris

Just raise your shift points. Shift points are measured based on Transmission output shaft speed. Just bump up 4,5,6 10% in the less than 50% throttle fields. Factory tuning already has pretty high shift points over 50% throttle.

Depending on the year of your truck for example, your 4th gear factory shift point should be around 1600 rpms. Make it 1700 and test it. See where it changes your shift point.

If you would like to take out the guessing. Just research a gear calculator. I forget the name of the site, but there's actually a couple out there that will give you the speed of the truck based on engine rpm. Which will only help you if the TC is locked. But it will give you a better idea and eliminate some of the guessing with it. But really there's no way to hurt anything. Its just shift points and they are labeled pretty well..

Last I looked at the MCC software I didn't see anything that looked simple....to me.

But, I'm all for giving it a shot.

With the 3.42 gears I have, I just need to bump them up to make up for the higher gearing for when I'm loaded heavy. I knew there would be a trade off for them when towing, so I'm just trying to make it a bit nicer.

Thanks for the advise! Really Appreciate it!
Chris

Last I looked at the MCC software I didn't see anything that looked simple....to me.

But, I'm all for giving it a shot.

With the 3.42 gears I have, I just need to bump them up to make up for the higher gearing for when I'm loaded heavy. I knew there would be a trade off for them when towing, so I'm just trying to make it a bit nicer.

Thanks for the advise! Really Appreciate it!
Chris

What year of truck do you have?

Reason I ask is there is a little bit of a difference between 07.5-09 and 2010+. But for example. Here is where you would do it on a 2010+ truck. Very simple. Just add 10% to the left 4 fields. You can see your axis is based on throttle position 0-100%. So for example on the 3-4 shift at 33% the shift should occur at 1344. That 1344 refers to the transmission output shaft speed. You can use that to calculate rpm or mph. But its really not neccissary. You mentioned just wanting to raise them. So just bump up everything under 50% throttle 5-10% at a time and stop when its at the level that you want. If you want the corresponding downshift's to go up as well you'll need to adjust those as well. however I would caution you with these. Going to far and you'll also have to adjust the tc clutch's and a few other things. But just the upshift schedule is fine. It won't mess with anything else. So its safe to just adjust it and nothing else.

Attachments

• mccshift.jpg
    mccshift.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
Back