H&S to EFI

SeeYaLater5.9

Farmer of the year!!
First off, I'm not looking for a rowdy keyboard pounding Internet argument *bdh*

I'm looking for first hand experience from guys who switched to efi from h&s on a basically stock truck. I love my H&S and have no complaints other than it seems pretty smokey to me. On hot it doesn't take much to oral the coal. Only thing I lack to be a true cummings driver is my flat billed hat:rockwoot:

Anyway,
What was the first difference you noted?
How is the smoke?
Can you tune the tranny with it?
What all is associated with "tuning the turbo"?

What else can you tell me you noted from the switch?

Thanks all

what truck are you thinking of using it on, year, make........ m,akes a difference if it works at all, and what options are available, especially the trans.

If you have the H&S minimax, then I would try the custom tuning with that first, you have more options with the mini than you do with EFI right now other than data logging. If you have the XRT like I do, the switch to EFI was night and day for smoke and custom tuning.

with the mini max you have full control over the tables? Can you smooth and blend? I really not trying to sound like an ass I just dont know

with the mini max you have full control over the tables? Can you smooth and blend? I really not trying to sound like an ass I just dont know

Yes, you have full control with the mini, and there is some trans tuning in there too. The only thing it is missing is the data logging which is important for fine tuning, but i'm sure they are coming out with it soon. You can smooth and blend all tables just like EFI, just set up a little different, like if EFI has MM3 on the X axis and pressure on the Y, then H&S is the other way around.

What about removing the timing, duration and fuel pressure limiters?

Rev limiters...mm3 vs Rpm fueling limiters??

There are MANY MANY limiters that EFI has found...I'd like to know if H&S has also found all of them.

Back