hanging weights

03 5.9

i'm about to start makin a weight bracket for my truck and have been readin and lookin at a lotta pictures. Noticed that not too many people hang the weights sideways to get the max length. Is it an advantage to hang the weights sideways or just more work building the bracket?

We built our to hang the weights sideways, put 3or 4 on each side. Just had to weld two receivers onto the truck, made two pieces that come out and hold the weight, and a flat plate at the front to hold them together. All of it bolts together for easy assembly.

thats the way i was thinking of building mine, 2 receivers, come out and up with square tubing, 2 plates going forward to hang weights on and somethin in front to hold it together

no to hijack this thread, but does anyone has any good pics of how they mounted their weight bracket to the front of a 2nd gen? one that goes all the way across.

I dont have pics but i took a a 6" wide c channel cut to width of the frame 39" iirc and welded it to the front fram right underneath the radiator. Then i took two hitch recievers 14" long and notched out the channel directly in line with the frame. I slid the recievers in the notches until the back of them hit the dip down in the frame and welded them all the way around the notches and also the back to the frame.

Hang em sideways the first time, that way you wont be redesigning your bracket next winter!

Back