has anyone tried a hydraulic throwout bearing

lilredtruck

gentlemen,
has anyone tried to adapt a hydraulic throwout bearing like mcleod, howe,
or tilton to a nv5600? they have one for the nv4500. wonder if it is practical?
thank you

I'd think if they have one for the 4500, it should also work on the 5600. IIRC the 4500 and 5600 use the same bearing and fork.

I'd think if they have one for the 4500, it should also work on the 5600. IIRC the 4500 and 5600 use the same bearing and fork.

the bell housings are different. the input seal housings bolt on differently and the bearing bolts to the front.

header.jpg

How often does one go out on a jeep yj wrangler? Too much! I love simplicity, and so does every other 12 valve and cummins guy. but WHY????? would you want to make working on things MORE complicated!!

How often does one go out on a jeep yj wrangler? Too much! I love simplicity, and so does every other 12 valve and cummins guy. but WHY????? would you want to make working on things MORE complicated!!
Simplicity merely for the sake of being simple is a bad thing.

Simplicity merely for the sake of being simple is a bad thing.

I dont know about you but i dont feel like pulling the tranny every time there is an issue with the hydraulics. We had on going issues with out jeep that about drove us mad. Also had tons of issues with out IDI 6.9 ford with a hydraulic throwout bearing. In my mind they are a poor design. Just my opinion though, i guess there are guys that make them work. but idk.

many high end foreign car and sports cars use a hydraulic throw out bearing. and many
of them go 250,000 miles or more with no problems.

I dont know about you but i dont feel like pulling the tranny every time there is an issue with the hydraulics. We had on going issues with out jeep that about drove us mad. Also had tons of issues with out IDI 6.9 ford with a hydraulic throwout bearing. In my mind they are a poor design. Just my opinion though, i guess there are guys that make them work. but idk.
I was speaking in theory. I've never had one, but I've had plenty of friends that have had great success with them.

Back