have problem, need answer

dieselmania

I have an '06 LLY, GMC C5500; in the mornings, for the past 2 weeks, when you start it up, it will run for about a minute, a warning light (looks like a battery) and the bells start coming on, then it shuts off. it will crank back up right after and do this several times. Then it will stop doing it and stay running for the rest of the day. The batteries are not weak. I have 6/6 volt batteries that I had to recently fill up with acid (5 gal.), all 6 were bone dry. I have to plug into an outlet every night because this is my work truck. It is set up to run office equipment and power lights. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideals???

Sounds like you have an air leak in your fuel system. The most common place is the fuel filter housing. If you are willing to try you can bypass the filter housing with nothing more than a couple of hose clamps and a short piece of tubing. Bleed the system after you by pass it. Then let it sit over night like normal. If it runs fine then you know that's where your problem is. DONOT leave it bypassed and drive it too much.

^^^Very good possiblity above, only thing that is odd is the battery light IMO. I'm thinkin chargeing system off hand

i have alternators, one charges the truck batteries and the other, the 6 batteries under the truck. On the dash i have it looks like two battery lights, one looks like a battery with fluid level, which is yellow and the other is red like normal dash lights. Don't have a manual at this time.

my mistake on the light, it does not look like the battery, its something else. Not sure what it is. Found out their is no Haynes or Chilton's covering the Duramax Diesel. Why! Not sure! Maybe because they want you to bring it to the dealership everytime. go figure! I haven't given up, looking online right now for more info.

thanks for your help but think i found my problem. turns out the light was the coolant letting me know that it was low, which i found by mistake. so i think that was my problem with shutting off. guess that was a safety feature. never experienced that before, guess if i had a manual on these trucks, it would have helped. i went ahead and had the truck serviced also with a fuel filter, air filter and oil change, which it needed. those batteries i mentioned have to be serviced weekly i found out. keep in mind this a
C5500 series truck.

Back