Head gasket or oil cooler????

ccoxva

Loafer
I left my truck running the other day with the ac goin, came out of the shop and seen water dripping out of the l/s of the engine. Got to lookin and I had steam water drips coming out or the cc vent. Immediatly shut the truck off and checket oil, full of water. Checked the overflow full of oil. This engine only has about 5000 very easy break in miles. It is studded with a cummins gasket with arps and shaved block and new shaved head. What do you guys think. Timing is at 18*.Makes you pretty sick when you put this kinda money in one and done scattered a turbo and now this sh$%.

WOW sorry to hear that. I am in the exact same process that you already went through. Hoping that doesnt happen to me!! what studs are you running? Who built it? what injectors, ect ect. Give some more details behind it. Is the head ported maybe you cracked through a water passage?

Sorry for no insight. Good luck

Engine was built by tidewater engines in Norfolk Va.coated mahle pistons. Hamilton big stick, sdx5x12's,arp studs at 150 hot torque on cummins gasket.new head shaved.215pump w/ a 10 plate. HTT 62/71/14.timing at 19*. Engine is 3 year 75000 miles warranty.

One thing I am curious about is the steam out of the blow by. I wish now when it was running I had felt to see if there was any pressure in the crankcase or if that was just steam.
Engine has never seen over 38 psi boost.......:nail:

I will never give any duramax of ps hell again.

Last edited:
Back