head work

chuggins10

i have a 98 12v that i am trying to get ready for dhra houston and im fixin to stud it and i was wondering about o-ringing it to i wanted to know a little more about that and get the head ported and polished who would yall recommend to do it and wat price range am i lookin at..... on the o-ringing is it on the block or the head.... im wanting to make between 600-700 rwhp.. can i do it on a 180 pump??

You can groove either the block or the head. If your pressed for time and trying to make it to Houston, I would grove the head. Works just as well. You can get the rings from Haisley. Any local engine machine shop should be able to fly cut the head.

strokinnochokin,

Listen to Ultamite Diesel. :bow:
One thing on the stud install, lube the threads, both sides of the washers & the nut bottom during assembly.:rules:
During your retorque, torque it again till you are satisfied.$.02
Good Luck at Houston--------:ft:

WAYNES WORLD

I'm gonna start sounding like a broken record (and so are the "it's expensive" commentors).
I work at RayMac we do all that stuff. You can call me for prices at the shop during the day (817) 568-8822.

strokinnochokin,
Thats a great opportunity for some valuable short cut in your schedule--:doh:

By the way crewgirl,
I need some advise on my 94 Vette about what I can do for some extra power out of my Garage Queen.:thankyou2:

WAYNES WORLD

Ok The number is ^^^^ up there. But don't call today. I'm not there today unless I finish running all the kids back-to-school errands in time.

Back