Helix 2 question

mtatsch

Is there a different valve lash for the helix cam or go with the factory lash

Matt start with 10-20 and run it a while then try tightening it up a little to 8-18, for better top end.

Let me know how you like your helix 2, cause I dont think mine was worth the money.

Not to sh!t on your parade or anything, haha

Thanks Jared will do. Do you know were I can buy a valve spring compressor

I have the loaner (Source Auto) spring tool from Hamilton...There's a thread about it...PM me your address and I can ship it to ya for free....You'll just need to do the same thing for the next guy that needs it and update the thread that you have it availible when your done..

I love my H2.... Don told / posted to me that I could go as tight as .006 / .018 for better low end power.....I could find the post if need be..

I'm keeping mine at 10/20 for now though....I'm still breaking in the new build...

I used the Source one with a set of sportsman springs on a truck with no issues. I had made 1 like the other one pictured and it sucked. When you try to torque the plate to compress the springs it wants to rotate and make it impossible to remove the locks and retainers. The bearing design on the source tool is 10 times better IMO.

Just a little sarcasm. I bought the tools and loaned them out as a perk and a way to say thankyou to my customers not the other guys customers.

Zach

I used the Source one with a set of sportsman springs on a truck with no issues. I had made 1 like the other one pictured and it sucked. When you try to torque the plate to compress the springs it wants to rotate and make it impossible to remove the locks and retainers. The bearing design on the source tool is 10 times better IMO.

I have one myself and 100% agree. That bearing makes all the difference

I wondered what you were talking about, because I've used the Source Automotive compressor multiple times on Sportsman springs. Never had a problem. You may not have realized it but you were bashing a companies tool.

To the OP, I just run the 10-20 lash on mine.

Paul

I agree if a company loans you with a tool to install their product why would you send it off to a person to install the competitions products? It is a loaner tool not a freebie to do with as you wish. I don't think Mtatch has F1 springs anyway but it is kindof rude. Take it as you wish but I see the point.

For the record...I still have the loaner tool ready to ship to the next in need...BUT, I ended up Buying a brand new one from Rip at Source to install my springs and to give to Jeff G. as a Bday present for the shop....I paid for next day shipping cause I was on a time crunch....

I never got the use the loaner that the dude/member that had it last sent me...It was slow to arrive...(no reflection on the sender)

Properly located holes to the correct diameter, and a little anti seize can turn suck, into sucksess:hehe:

Back