Hello

rvnpapa

I'm rvnpapa. In the winter months my wife and I make our home in Alamo, TX. During the summer months we go up to Elkhart, IN where we deliver TT and 5th Wheels from the manufacturers to dealers in Canada and the lower 48. In aug we traded our 2005 RAM 3500 with 520,000 miles for a slightly used 2010 RAM 3500 dually. Now I'm in the process of getting an aux fuel tank with tool box, and a 5th wheel hitch. I've added a Bully Dog 40420 tuner. It hasn't increased the milage as much as it did on my 5.9 I've been investigating propane injection. What are some of your opinions? THANKS
:thankyou2:

Throw the bully dog in the trash.

Have you done the deletes? Or just that pos tuner?

If you delete the EGR/Dpf and have a full 4" turbo back exhaust with a smarty programmer you should see 17-18 empty. Loaded possibly 10 depending on load.

Don't bother with any injectables. Not worth it.

First, welcome to the forum!

Second, a bit more information would help. What MPG were you getting pre tuner and what are you getting now? Is the DPF and EGR still intact? What are your MPG goals? Once we know a bit more then we can help.

Sorry to say...I am not a bully dog fan either. There are a lot better options out there when it comes to tuning for these trucks.

First trash the bullydog.....Then like gibson said; do the deletes, 4" or 5"turbo back exhaust and a smarty. You will be more than happy with the power and MPG.

You have already got some great advise above so I'll just say I agree with them.

Change programmers and do deletes.

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

Back