Help! Listen to this!

that was the sound of what ever was in the bed falling the phuck out..lol on a serious note i dont have a clue

Head gasket...compression leaking between the layers of the gasket. We just fixed one last week that had the exact same noise.

Thanks folks I have been leaning towards headgasket failure just couldnt figure why it had to have higher tuning in it to make it happen. On a RP note isspro gauge reads no more than 23000. At any time this happens and its not fluctuating during this noise either..

What would your fix be for a blown gasket on a daily driver pushin 80 lbs boost 35 lpm Injectors etc. Thanks just dnt wanna put good money after bad.

80 psi is were the stock gasket can become weak and start to fail. We use copper gaskets and orings or fire rings to prevent this.

only thing you can do is get a new gasket deck the head and TQ your studs to 125lbs with moly and back your boost down a few lbs, also droping your timing will help too.

Thanks

80 psi is were the stock gasket can become weak and start to fail. We use copper gaskets and orings or fire rings to prevent this.

only thing you can do is get a new gasket deck the head and TQ your studs to 125lbs with moly and back your boost down a few lbs, also droping your timing will help too.

I have a 4.550 radius groove fire ring kit sitting here i guess its time to machine the head and put it on. hopfully it works great.

wow, I took the little lady to Destin last night for chow & a movie... wish I would have read this thread earlier lol

I'll PM you my number, but I'm headed out the door to Afghanistan, taking off for training this afternoon!

Buy you a set of ARP 625's while you working on it!!

150 ft. lbs. and proper retorques and you'll be Good to go...

BTW... Just replied to your PM before I saw this thread...

I can't see the vid with the laptop here in my patrol car... will have to listen later...

Get verizon! and DRoiD X

Dang it!!

Iphone won't play it either!! wtf..

haha well you could probably take your Iphone to verizon and you could play it. I have a Droid X and its no problem just sayn :cheer:

anyhow i have a miss now grr. and hard start :soap:

Last edited:
Welcome to my world!!

You gots LOTS of catching up to do though!! lol

Back