help needed 01 7.3 at a loss

powerstrokin250

well hung member
2001 f250 7.3 4x4 4 door, installed auto meter digital gauges, no problems. the next week threw in the dp tuner, ran it maybe 2 days, short trips, and the trans temp gauge read 0, said he wiggled the wire, and it read, but let go and it read back to zero, popped it back in, unplugged the chip, everything ran fine, parked it for the night, and the next day the syptoms came.
wont go over 5 or 10mph, no speedo reading, no wipers, no radio. BUT if you put the key to accessory,(backwards), the radio, and the wipers work. said the stacks felt hotter than normal after about 2 minutes of driving. grabbed a spare pcm, didnt work. now with gauges uninstalled, dp tuner uninstalled, and sitting, somebody help!

2001 f250 7.3 4x4 4 door, installed auto meter digital gauges, no problems. the next week threw in the dp tuner, ran it maybe 2 days, short trips, and the trans temp gauge read 0, said he wiggled the wire, and it read, but let go and it read back to zero, popped it back in, unplugged the chip, everything ran fine, parked it for the night, and the next day the syptoms came.
wont go over 5 or 10mph, no speedo reading, no wipers, no radio. BUT if you put the key to accessory,(backwards), the radio, and the wipers work. said the stacks felt hotter than normal after about 2 minutes of driving. grabbed a spare pcm, didnt work. now with gauges uninstalled, dp tuner uninstalled, and sitting, somebody help!

Pull the chip and check all the fuses. If that doesn't work, try the spare PCM. I have one if you live near me to try (PMT2)

Old post I know..

Back