help please.

7.5stroker

i have a customer with an 09 duramax lmm. he recently had a new engine put in it due to premature engine components failure. I did not install the engine, dealership where he bought it installed it. But he brought the truck to me with a complaint that he could here a ticking noise that correlates with engine rpm's. the higher the rpm's, the louder/faster the ticking, and vise versa. I have checked the up-pipe seals and made sure they were not leaking. everything checks out in that area. I'm unable to find any area where soot is leaking on manifolds, up-pipes, and exhaust. so leaves me with somethings has to be internal? so i read somewhere that maybe its the crank journal bearings? so i changed oil with a heavier duty 15w-40 and seemed to help a little bit but not enough to allow me to think the problem will go away. but I'm unsure now on the next step to take. anybody's input or ideas for me to check out would be appreciated. let me know what you think it is and how to kinda go at it to fix this. thanks!

Ever get this figured out? A buddy of mine had a similar problem and one of his injectors didn't get all the way tight when they did his 45%'s. Sounded like a regular "duramax tick" at idle, only louder. Then got worse with more rpm's. His was an LBZ

Back