Help with Aux Fuel System?

Kroner96

I am trying to build an auxiliary fuel system and was wanting to know if anyone has done this before. I want to put a fitting on the bottom of the fuel tank to the spare fuel plug on the pump. Im wanting to make it with a toggle switch so that I can turn it on and off. What I need help on is figuring out what pump to run and a filter to go with it. Im trying to build this as cheap as possible. Thanks

i did it over13000 miles ago.put the tank in box,get tank with drain on bottom.put shut off on,then put valve on i got from e-bayit hooks into filler tube.works great no problems so far.thanks

sorry i didnt check the message before I posted it. Im looking to make somethign like a fass but cheaper and I will only be using it for when I really need the extra fuel. The factory system starves my pump at at higher rpms and I need to get more fuel to it when pulling and racing. Sorry about that.

Their are a bunch of aux pumps out their that will work, if your trying to go cheap I would pipe in a secondary fuel line out of the tank similar to the fass and pipe it straight into the factory filter and bypass running it through the pump. But speaking from experience, for the time and $$ for parts it was just as easy to by a FASS.

The FASS works great and you won't have to worry about it. Filters last for a long f'n time and supplies ample amount of fuel. If you shop around you can find pritty good deals on them. I bought my'n from bigpowerdiesl.com they gave me a great deal on a FASS 150. Thats one of those things you want to do it right.

-Rob

right now I dont have the money for a fass but I did come across a holley blue pump which I can get pretty cheap. would it work in a dual feed system to the pump? Any idea on what kind of filter I would need?

I think you could rig some sort of a T into the stock fuel line. You'd have to put a one way check ball on the stock fuel line so you don't over power the stock lift pump and push fuel back down the stock line. If you put the T in it, you should be able to use your stock filter. Just be carefull you don't blow the top off the filter canister. It will make one hell of a mess if it does... Or you could rig a on/ off switch to the power wire on your stock lift pump so you can turn it off when you want to run the other pump system. It should be pritty easy with a few beers and an afternoon.

-Rob

Came across an MSD 2225 pump today, and now have some other questions about building a fuel system. What size fitting do I need to tap into the front plug of the P7100? Also wheres a cheap place to get a fuel filter setup? Thanks

Back