help with dry rocker # 1cylinder

smokn_ram

Plowboy8550
I have an ag block with a common rail head. I just got the engine running maybe 30 mins after complete build and my number 1 intake rocker is dry. Everything else looks like its getting oil. I took the rocker assy back off and cant find anything in the oil port. Any ideas im thinking its something in the block. I am putting a manual oil pressure guage on since i dont have my dash working since the swap. Has anybody ever run into anything like this before? Is there any way to test the oil galleys in the block while its n the truck?

IIRC they are are fed off the cam journals. Did you just put a new bushing in the cam? Possible installed crooked?

Lucky you caught it! If the bushing is blocking oil flow the cam would eat that bushing! Bummer you have to pull the cam to check!

Yes everything is new. so it could b the front cam bushing? The oil port looks dry so that would make sense. Hopefully that will take care of it. Is there anything else to look for? Thanks for the help guys

You could make a dummy oil pump and run it by a hand drill. That would give you oil pressure to allow for troubleshooting if you can't easily find the problem.

You could make a dummy oil pump and run it by a hand drill. That would give you oil pressure to allow for troubleshooting if you can't easily find the problem.

That is a great tip:beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking that but I think I would have to pull the engine to get the oil pan off or try to fight it n the truck. But its doable. I'm back at work for a couple of weeks so it will have to wait its turn. I'm going to try the drill idea if I find another problem it will def b worth it.

Why would you need to pull the oil pan? Oil pump is in the gear case.

I'm kinda worried about my bearings as well just wondering what else could b wrong that I can't see. Sorry shoulda added to that to much on my mind right now.

oil feed to the rockers should come from your main oil rifle ... the cam is fed through the same feed as your main bearings.

So if it is fed through the main port is there anything else that is fed with the rockers? Just trying to figure out where the problem is

id try some compressed air from the top just to see if its a temporary blockage.

Back