Help with EWG Setup/Plumbing

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
I've read a few threads, read the instructions manual... apparently i'm still retarded... I've got a TurboSmart Hypergate-45 (online pdf manual - http://www.turbosmartonline.com/index.php?s=file_download&id=231)

If you read thru the manual it's obvious it was written for low boost gas cars where they run the boost pressure to the bottom of the WG to help open the wg with boost pressure. Currently, with no boost reference whatsoever the spring opens the gate at somewhere between 20-30psi of boost.. it seems that if I hook it up like they've got it it would just open earlier! I want it to open around 55psi of boost, so would it make sense for me to run one line from boost reference (regulated) to the top of the gate to help hold the gate closed until XX psi, and just leave the bottom of the gate vented?

Help, my brain hurts :nail:

Thanks Hurley, what did you find your optimum setup was? The thread got kinda derailed with manifold discussion...

Can those wastegates handle having exhaust gases plumbed to the top and bottom ports? If so i'd run unregulated drive/exhaust to the top port and regulated (by a boost t of some sort) to the bottom port. This would allow you to keep the gate valve shut all the way and open it right as you need it via dialing in the drive pressure at the bottom port. That's my thinking anyway. If they can't use drive than do it with boost. I'd use the same source (boost or exhaust) to each port to rule out any changes between drive and boost which may impact the ability to balance the forces applied to the top and bottom ports.

I would go with nick's suggestion if your gate can handle the exhaust gasses. As for my setup, I will not be testing until I get my injectors sent to Weston and back.

I am going to try boost reference & exaust reference to fully experience the difference.

Back