help with white smoke on startup please help!

bt666

i have a 2007.5 lmm duramax, mods include: ppe stage 5 trans build, ats copilot, stage 3 snow water meth, mbrp down pipe, exhaust, intake, turbo elbows, race valve, tuning my duramaxtuner, egr blocker plate, airdog lift pump.

for the past few months my truck would take a long start and throw a cloud of white smoke out of exhaust.but this would only happen maybe every other startup, not every start basically. i pulled injectors sent them out to exergy engineering, they said all my injectors were perfect, no problems. so i know it wasnt a bad injector causing this. anybody else have this problem or know what it can be??? i also noticed when i pulled my blocker plate out for egr, there was a 1/4 inch hole burned through it. btw the white smoke smelled more like fuel, not coolant so i dont believe itd be head gaskets... any help would be much appreciated!

Most likely egr. I've seen them bad enough where the truck will not rev and will cover a parking lot with white smoke. Replace the blocker with a quality one or delete the egr completely and I believe your problem will be gone.

thatll cause it to have a long start? and the white smoke all comes when it starts immediatly clears after... thanks for the reply ill look into it

Back