Help

PBD

I have found a 97 complete motor has everything needed to run and an Allison trans out of a 97 Blu bird bus. What's the difference in that motor, pump, turbo ,injectors, and trans compared to the ones I see in a truck?

Oh and it's a 2 hour drive to go look at it and I asked for the numbers off the pump but he didn't know what I was talking about so I finally have up explaining.

Allison is prob an SAE pattern 5 speed non-overdrive. Exhaust manifolds are usually different, turbo's usually an HX35/WH1C. Pump can be anything, usually different governor set up than the dodge P7100's.

So it's not worth it? I will call him back and try to explain where the numbers are on the pump. The trans, is it able or worth building?

Trans is junk not worth using. It will have a air pump on it which you do not need. A lot of guys buy them for the blocks, head, p pump conversion stuff.

I was gonna buy a cab and chassis and give myself a project truck. I was gonna do a lil performance work to it too. Or alot lol just depends on my mood at the time I order stuff. But if the trans is junk it doesn't really seem worth it cause I already have a first gen bottom and a head that's been ported and polished. thanks everyone for the input!

Back