HID Problem. Help!!

SlickRick

Commonrail Savvy
04.5 ram. Went to turn the lights on and all they do is flash on and off.(same time) The relay for the HID's is clicking every time the lights flash. However the brights still work. Getting a lot of snow in Cincinnati right now and this problem is affecting my work. Whats going on? Thanks!

I would check the ground wires on them. I had this same problem on a sec. gen and i ended up having to put new resisters in. They never was brite so i took them back out and put factory one's in. But i got mine off ebay cheap.

They did work all the time, now they dont. Only the brights stay on. The relay clicks and the ballast doesnt buzz. Guess it needs hooked straight up to the battery?

yeah use the resistor on the main headlight line that runs to the relay, then use the relay and another wire from the HID ballast to the battery.

my projectors do something similar. they will work and switch from low to high. but my high beam indicator light is always on and the low beams are REALLY dim. they're so bad i just drive around with the brights on, but it doesn't bother anyone. never get flashed to turn them off or anything. i don't think the brights are as bright as they are suppose to be either.

Back