High EGTS at WOT with new turbo and injectors

Foster#17

Hi guys, I made a post a while back about my EGT problem at wide open throttle. This was before I installed my bigger injectors. I have had everything installed for a while now and had it to the track once. I dont understand why my egts are still so high with a 66mm and 100hp injectors. I keep the smarty with TNT tunes down on sw3 and it runs great. Ran an 8.20 at 83 in the 1/8. My egts are getting close to 1500. I turned it up on sw9 and they seemed to stay lower. Am i running out of fuel in the top end causing high egts or what? Im only getting 40psi?

1500 isn't really hot

Boost leaks would cause higher egts and low boost numbers

I dont have a fuel system so thats why I was wondering if im running lean. I am going to get a Fass 150 and a bag of parts for the cp3 when I can afford it. its only getting hot in the higher rpms like 2600 and up. Like up to that it stays fairly cool, not much over 1000. Like if im at 1500 rpms and roll into it up to 2500 rpms it wont get that hot. its weird because you would think the lower rpms would get hotter. it pulls like crazy in that mid rpm range though.

I have 100 hp BMS injectors and smarty tntR on level 7 rail pressure is 7000psi below commanded (15-16k versus 23k commanded) and on level 9 it's almost 10k below commanded. Stock in tank lift pump and stock cp3 with 280,000 miles. Yea, it's time.

Back