High HP mods...

Pat T.

I know this is going to sound like it is way off in fantasy land but a couple of threads in the pulling forum got me thinking. I had said something about a p-pumped 7.3 a long time ago on TDS and pretty much got laughed at, now that has been done, or was that a 6.0? Anyways I saw that All Caught Up is using an external oil system on his 6.0, so that got me to thinking. If that could be adapted to a 7.3 or a whole new system that is similar, could a CP3 be ran in the same place the HPOP was and run off of that gear? Just the size of the 7.3 "should" lend itself to a lot of horsepower, but we all know that isn't the case. I'm just curious if this could work, I am sure it could with a million bucks... though I was thinking a more reasonable cost than that. I am not saying I have the funds to do this, just brought it up for discussion.

It would cost a crapload. I have heard rumors about how much $$ is in the 7.3 with an inline pump and it is dang crazy

Timbeaux38 said:
It would cost a crapload. I have heard rumors about how much $$ is in the 7.3 with an inline pump and it is dang crazy

Yeah, I heard it was over $100,000. :aiwebs_016:

Powerstroke Racer said:
How much power are you looking for?

I was just asking for discussion, no way I could afford to do it... For my personal truck i would love to get to 500hp, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Back