high rpm pop

Thanks for all the input guys. whiteknight its still wired to factory harness. so you got that same pop untill you pulled under 4k? i am gonna starte with checking fuel psi, i have been messing with OFV adding another spring and stretching them out. i allready put a stiff spring in the fass not sure how much psi it will make though.

I guess its like a backup governor. If for some reason the engine would rev north of 4k this would help stop it.

when mine would do it. id be pulling right up to 4k and as soon as it hit, my fuye pressure would drop to about 5 psi from 50psi, i noticed it first on a dyno

welt hooked a mechcanical gauge up to nite and i was at 4k pop pop pop and fuel psi would go from 42psi to 0psi. hooked up a jumper wire then reved it up again nice and smooth sounds real mean at 4500rpm =). as for the fass i think iam going to need to upgrade i can only get 42psi out of it and when i hooked to the sled it went down to 22psi. thanks again guys for all the helpful info!

95/95 and i put my own stiff spring in it all the fuel gos to the injection pump

Ok. I have the ad165 with the higher pressure ford spring but im not sure how its gonna react as i havent hooked the truck yet.

Just ordered a new pump and motor only. 150gph set at 55psi better than buying a whole new unit.

Nice. hey whiteknight i see your frome MA you have a schudle of the pulls up your way? we have one coming up the end of this month and its suppose to a real sled.

Yup people got some hand outs at Durham. startes at noon I guess mike wall is putting it on and supposedly it will be a real sled.
Whats your name have we met before?

Yes. Lol Geoff Thompson. Remember u said something bout a pull in may so I been serchin round trying to get info. My truck may be done but I think I'm gonna hold off on this one.

hey guys i got a 150gph pump and new motor set at 55psi installed it and rewired the trigger wire for the fass and its mint now thanks again for all the info. Scott

Back