High RPM VE

Grudgeguy

1st gen moron
What do you have? What do you consider high rpm for our pumps?

I've seen 3800 on my tach with nothing special

But what were you doing when you saw 3800? WOT under full load or just free-reving it?

Not sure of your question . . .

I've once had my mess up to 4100 or so on a dyno. Power had tapered-off well before then (down to 400hp @ 4000 IIRC)

Last edited:
Have seen 3500-4000 pulling and racing. Free revving I know it will easily go up to 4500...

I saw that rpm while driving, never been on a dyno, pulled or anything else cool.
Not really a question, just was curious as to what others had going on. Have a few ideas for more fuel but nothing I'd brag about until I've done it.

BTW I am a huge fan of both of your trucks!

Most guys say that the VE begins to run out of steam around 3000-3300RPM. I would agree with that after seeing the flow specs on my 12mm.

Engine Spd. & Flow
2000RPM - 263cc's
3000RPM - 233cc's
3500RPM - 220cc's

I can't speak for a 14mm H/R pump. Maybe Austin can.

Last edited:
I and my brother been playing around with the ve pumps for a couple years now and i've had 2 12mm pumps over 300 cc's with no drop off until the governor defuels. One was doing 320 at 4200 rpms.

I and my brother been playing around with the ve pumps for a couple years now and i've had 2 12mm pumps over 300 cc's with no drop off until the governor defuels. One was doing 320 at 4200 rpms.

Hey hook a brother up. Are these 12mm pumps streetable?

That's a good running pump. Care to shed some details on it?:Cheer:

Want to use a vw gov assembly. Does anybody have the part number or numbers to the assembly would like to purchase so any information would be appreciated thank you

Look at the governor assembly off of a BMW 524td, I had one, 6 cylinder ve that redlined around 5500

Look at the governor assembly off of a BMW 524td, I had one, 6 cylinder ve that redlined around 5500

Got any kind of part number or info to help a guy obtain one?
Sounds fun!
I should add that I eventually saw 4100rpm when I drove it angry lol

Back