High speed check valve

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Could a high speed check valve like Keating machine sells be used in place of a over flow valve on the return line of a p-pump setup?

47039e88c576476c871ac7495732eadd.jpg

Thats what we are using..

So....i bought one from cppdiesel.com and it has a little rubber o-ring on one end of the valve and not the other? Not sure why the rubber o-ring is on the outside threads? And there was no directions on which way to install the valve? Sent messages to cpp with no reply weeks ago.

Well now seeing that picture answers my question on which way to install the valve thanks!!

So my understanding is check valves are typically low crack pressure. Is this one set to a specific pressure? I would think just a check valve would typically mean super low ppump pressure.

So my understanding is check valves are typically low crack pressure. Is this one set to a specific pressure? I would think just a check valve would typically mean super low ppump pressure.

I think you can get a check valve all the way up 100 psi... The check valve on my return is 50 psi.

Last edited:
I haven't had mine running yet, but we use these in our sprint cars on alky, and they're spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ran ours forward out of the pump since we are running a fuel tank mounted up by the headlight but it would work in either direction and fit in factory location. 14mmx1.5 to -6an banjo, -6an coupler and then the check valve. We run 50psi return the oring is just there for a dust cover to fitting basicly doesnt really seal anything.

Would these be ok to run on a stock lift pump with a pusher pump? I've thought about trying one but I didn't know how it would work with the pressure spikes from the stock lift pump.

Back