hitch ??

black4x4

Cheater Motor sports
With a hitch that is pictured were the front of the bar is hooked at the back of the cab, and then supported at the axle center line with a vertical bar on each side that keeps it from rising or falling coming off the frame down to the bar, and the hook point being at the tailgate. Would this setup help with keeping the front down or would it not help so much since the hitch point is still at the tailgate like a normal reese hitch.
hitch09c.jpg

With a hitch that is pictured were the front of the bar is hooked at the back of the cab, and then supported at the axle center line with a vertical bar on each side that keeps it from rising or falling coming off the frame down to the bar, and the hook point being at the tailgate. Would this setup help with keeping the front down or would it not help so much since the hitch point is still at the tailgate like a normal reese hitch.
hitch09c.jpg

defiantly wouldn't be legal doesnt resemble a reese type hitch and its attached forward of the rear axle....

It will probably help out quite a bit, but like said, it will defenatly not be a legal hitch with most organizations. Even at a few brush pulls that only say 8500lbs weight and 26" hitch, I have seen people not be able to pull with a hitch that goes forward or the rearend or isn't a reece style. Techs usually have final say so.

for what I do the only rules they have are the hitch must remain stationary be at 30" and that's it. also they won't hook directly to a bumper.

since your trying to destroy this truck ill go ahead and help ya along the way LOL .........best idea would be to lock the rear axle solid so the suspension wont flex and find you some slicks to bolt all the way around when hooking on black top.........oh and load the truck as heavy as you can........hang some weight over the nose too.......that poor little 5.3........you need to swap a 12 valve into that thing.......

Been runnin the back locked out pretty much all summer, not aloud to run slicks, hung 400 over the nose. and my 5.3 hung with a built up 12v on the dirt.

I just plan to build a nice adjustable hitch for 09 and found this pic and in a way it seems like it wouldn't be as likely to transfer as much weight as if I stick with the standard reese hitch. but if thats not the case then I'll just build a stout reese style with a good insert.

so this is actually a tug-o-war truck, and not a sled puller, right? I thought you were asking about a sled pulling hitch.

Back