Hitting the road in the Pro Street truck

I would think any 12 valve could do it as long as they still had water in the block. It might be a little hard with the Danco though at stop lights ! Lol

I would think any 12 valve could do it as long as they still had water in the block. It might be a little hard with the Danco though at stop lights ! Lol

That's the thing, all of them are running filled or partially filled blocks

The stucky truck is as street able as your wife's car. Me and Philip talk about this a lot and having to prove how street able our prostreet trucks are. With the right tires I would drive ours anywhere.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I have gone through a Wendy's drive-through in the Stuckey truck.

It's hard enough to get the trucks to make back to back passes and now you want to drive them 30 to 50 miles before or after a race. I guess AAA will be busy with rollbacks! LOL

Very cool, both of you guys are CR guys though, I wonder out of us 12 valve guys who has a pro street truck tammeable enough to go on a 50 mile or so journey and still be competitive in PS. I'd say stucky is probably the only one but I can't remember if he is still running water or not

I drive my mechanical superstreet truck on the street. I specifically got a 16 gallon fuel cell so I could still drive it. I love cruising it around. With a light foot it's almost smokeless. Even at 10,000 ft.

Shouldn't have the word "street" in pro street if the trucks can't run on the street without being towed on a trailer. Wasn't it dhra rules back in the day that all pro street trucks had to have valid registration and insurance?

It would be great to see a road course or a 20-30 mile drive before the races. I think this should be a standard for superstreet for sure. I know a few pro streets could do it but think it'd make the class to small because their truck are on the ragged edge and it'd be hard for them to make the drive

We are no where near the et's of the pro street trucks and we are at least 1000 lbs lighter than the pro street trucks. Regardless, we have gone a best of 6.31 in the 1/8th and we drive the little girl as often as possible. The most fun we've had with the truck is actually driving into town or car shows anytime we want. It gets 20mpg and doesn't hardly smoke at all when being gentle with the throttle.

I know of some of the pro-street trucks that wouldn't last much over a 1/4 mile before overheating which brings me to our winter build delima. I'd like to make that big HP, but, may have to fill the block. Once the block is filled, out goes the streetability. I'd love to have the LSM water block, but, I'd get kicked out of our mud racing classes and I'm just not prepared to let go of the $18,000 & change for the block.

I was given some info on a deck plate block that I was told would take the abuse. Anyone have any opinions on the deck plate block??

Back