ho hx35

crash4wd

Ok I have 98 24v and my hx 35 went out got a useed one from a 02 high output but the waste gate is in diffrent spot and is hitting my coolant lines and help how to make this work I put rubber hose on temp but I didn't know how the ho have there coolant lines run

are you sure thats a hx35? im no pro but i didn't think any of them were water cooled, atleast not in trucks, now the he351 iirc were water cooled, any chance that is what you have???

It should not matter ho or so. Sound like you don't have an hx 35.

are you sure thats a hx35? im no pro but i didn't think any of them were water cooled, atleast not in trucks, now the he351 iirc were water cooled, any chance that is what you have???

They weren't water cooled

he said it hits his coolant line not that it had them. are you sure sure it came from a dodge the wastegate is different and hits things it you got one from somthing like a frieghtliner 12v dodge turbos also use a differnt one. you should be able to change the exhaust housing and use you old wastegate though

I think I can see what you are talking about, the 35 used on an HO truck has the wastegate tucked in between the housing and block, I an assuming it is hitting the coolant lines going to the trans fluid cooler on the side of the block? What others have said, swap housings and be done with it.

Yeah it says hx 35 on the turbo but does anyone know y this hits on a regulaer 24v and not ho

It sounds to me like one or the other is auto and one ain't. Both 24v at my house now are the exact same one being a ho and other a so. Ones a 5spd and other 6spd. But dong have a auto close to check and see difference.

I think I can see what you are talking about, the 35 used on an HO truck has the wastegate tucked in between the housing and block, I an assuming it is hitting the coolant lines going to the trans fluid cooler on the side of the block? What others have said, swap housings and be done with it.

Exactly! the later autos had the gate attached to the compressor housing.

The early HX35 had the actuators attached to the turbine housing. The newer HX35 have the actuator attached to the compressor housing.

Back