How can I run a 15'' or 16'' wheel on an 06?

Morse

Diesel
If anyone has information on how I might be able to run a 15 or 16'' rim on an 06 2500 rear please let me know.. I'd like to try to get my 06 to 60' a little better.. Thanks..

Morse said:
If anyone has information on how I might be able to run a 15 or 16'' rim on an 06 2500 rear please let me know.. I'd like to try to get my 06 to 60' a little better.. Thanks..

To the best of my knowledge, you will either have to use a special wheel adapter or they won't clear the caliper's Brad. Gary

About the only way I can think of is to swap in an older drum brake rear end that a 15" wheel will clear. You'll probably have to do something with a proportioning valve too so the bias isn't al out of whack.

Are the brakes/rotors the same size on the 2003 dodge 3500 as the 06 2500? I just talked to a place that is running a custom made wheel from stockton wheel that fits a 15'' tire.. They run 15x14's on their 2003 dually..

I just thought of something.. What if I just ran 2.25'' of backspacing? The wheel and tire would stick way out, though I could run a 15'' then..

Wish i could help but this is all french to me 2003 to 2006 should be the same size rotors

I tried to slap some Hummer 16 (or are they 15.5-.75??) beadlocks on my wheels but the ginormous calipers got in the way. I could get the wheel on... most of the way, but it would take some serious grinding to get them to fit.

We ground the calipers down quite a bit on my buddies 05 to get 16.5" wheels to fit...

I may have a 16'' wheel with a 33'' sticky tire on it tomorrow. I'll let yall know how it works out.. May look a little odd.. haha..

Just got the 16's mounted and they work.. They stick out about 10'' from the side of the truck, but they're on there.. If there's no rain, I plan on either cutting a good 60' or breaking an output.. I hope it's the good 60'..

Back