How much better is efi live than the smarty SSR ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
Not going to go larger on injectors, maybe a little bigger turbo in the future , stock cp3. I will throw a dpc converter in it and a billet input when the tranny needs a rebuild. I also plan on getting an edge insight. I'll probably end up running a some 35s at most. Pretty much fixing the truck up for my wife and it will be the tow rig for my 12 valve.

I would like to be able to read codes and clear them

First off if you get an Autocal or V2 with your efi live you will be able to read and clear engine codes. I like Efi live better especially when you get past stock fuel and turbo. I'm not a tuner but the smarty is very limited on adjustments that being said though you yourself can adjust the smarty. With Efi live you are stuck with the tunes your chosen tuner gives you. I will say though my tuner Innovative Diesel allows you to give feed back and will adjust it as you request it. Efi live is definitely here to stay and I think would be a better option for you in the long haul, just so many things efi live can do.

Efi hands down if your swapping out turbos and fuel system stuff. I learned to tune my own truck with the help of a good friend. Zach at Starlite diesel has some great tutorial books on EFI live that helped a bunch as well.

Right on. Id be willing to try tuning it myself also. I traded my wife's Wrx hatch back in for the mega cab. I had tuning software for it but we outgrew the car and I was sick of fixing it. I can get a little crazier with the 12 valve now that I have another truck. I don't want to get to extreme with the 06' being that it's the "family rig"

Back