How much does your airdog psi drop at WOT?

12vCumminsFTW

Just installed the airdog 2 165, it also came with the fuel module kit. I took my time installing it, I don't think there is any air leaks, pump runs pretty quiet. I have the OFV060hp ofv from tork tek. It runs about 52 psi cruising and I have seen it drop as low as 38 psi at WOT. Which is still plenty but I didn't think it would drop that much. Is this normal? I can always crank up the regulator if need be. Still hella better than 0 psi with the stockerLOL.

The AD2 165 has the adjustable pressure regulator right? I had an issue similar and they sent me a new ball and spring for the reg to stop the pressure drop from being such a big swing. Or maybe it came with the kit. I cant remember. Do you have 2 springs?

The AD2 165 has the adjustable pressure regulator right? I had an issue similar and they sent me a new ball and spring for the reg to stop the pressure drop from being such a big swing. Or maybe it came with the kit. I cant remember. Do you have 2 springs?

Yea its got the adjustable regulator. No I don't have 2 springs. I thought the different springs were for the 150's that don't have the adjustable regulator?

Im not sure, its been a year or 2. But I know I had the same issue and swapping the springs was the fix.

I can't be the only one with an airdog on here lol. I'm curious what other guys pressures drop to. post up! :D

Mine goes from 17psi at Idle to around 9-11 PSI @ WOT with a single 10mm CP3... plenty for me!

My raptor drops from 40 to 25ish WOT. If I turn up to 50 at idle, it drops to 30ish WOT

I'm not running the 165 but at idle i'm around 55psi and at WOT it is right around 47. Thats with probably somewhere around 550cc's maybe a few more with some 5x.018's. If you are seeing a huge drop it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to change your OFV or put another shim in it to tighten up the spring.

I'm not running the 165 but at idle i'm around 55psi and at WOT it is right around 47. Thats with probably somewhere around 550cc's maybe a few more with some 5x.018's. If you are seeing a huge drop it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to change your OFV or put another shim in it to tighten up the spring.

I have an ofv from tork tek. it just has an orifice, no spring, but its supposed to be designed for airdog sytems.

CUMMINS P7100 HIGH PERFORMANCE OVERFLOW VALVE OFV060HP - Tork Teknology

A pump builder was telling me that there is an updated OFV and the spring is made from different material and the ball and orifice is sized differently than the original OFV that was used. The updated one is supposed to hold up better and sustain fuel pressure better with the changes that were made. I have never dealt with the tork tek OFV. I took his word on the updated version since he has many many years of experience with these pumps. The new one made a whole world of difference in my opinion.

I got a adjustable ofv with a spring from tork tek too. I guess I could try it and see it it changes anything.

Where did you get the ofv that your talking about?

I got it from that pump builder. I would think Jeff Mumau could hook you up. I think the updated one is all they make now. I think it is an actual Bosch piece too. I will look and see if I still have the package or numbers on it.

I run a Raptor with the 060 Tork Tek on the street, and a 075 on the track. Both will give me 62psi @ idle (I adjust it lower for extended street use), the 060 drops to around 40 @ WOT, the 075 is upper 40s.

Be careful if you use the ball and spring type OFV with a regulated pump. If the OFV is set higher than your pump is, you will dead head the flow. The orifice type ensures that you'll always have fuel flowing.

So the new design is supposed to be setup for 55psi and not the stock 25psi?

Not necessarily. The new design is supposed to help sustain your pressure from idle to wot so there isn't near the change. My 55 psi is regulated from my pump. I never used the stock lift pump with the new ofv so i dont know what pressure its to hold with that ofv. I wish i knew more about these but i'm just repeating what i was told and what i have experienced. When i changed from the old ofv to the new i saw about 15 psi change but my old was pretty wore out i would think.

Back