how much power?

SMOKIN-U

Comp Diesel Sponsor
well soon i will be getting a 66 charger, tst, studs, fuel system and tranny to go along with whats in my sig. I was wondering what kind of power i should expect to dyno with these mods. Thanks guys i was also wondering if i do the trans but leave out the billet intermediate and output shafts if it will hold sledpulling and racing thanks

Last edited:
are you planning on doing injectors, and high pressure fuel pump mods? i would reccomend them, more than likely you will be running the rail dry, and that kills power, and makes heat. once you have that done, definately 500-600hp on fuel easily. if your planning on building a tranny, and are going to be drag racing or seld pulling, if you can spend the coin on billet intermediate, and output shafts, do it, it's just more insurance that you will have a bullet proof tranny, and while you have it out, do a flex plate also, that's another weak link in the way. good luck with your bombing excursion!

wes

i will be drag racing and sled pulling both. My plans for the tranny are for a fully built hts minus those two shafts. I just dont have the money to get a full billet cause i have to get some tractor weights, a hitch, ladder bars, air bags, and a few other things before pulling season starts. I aslo wont be able to get the pump modded or injectors. this stuff will have to wait till the truck is paid for . I have a baby on the way and i'm lucky to get to do what i am now. But when its paid for i will be doing twin pumps, big stix, cam, springs, and mabye turning the 66 to the small charger in a twin set up. But that will be like 4 or 5 years from now lol

what kind of power are you wanting to make? personally for now i would go with a 62 or 64 turbo and when u get ready to do twins put a s400 or 480 on the bottom

i am going for 600-650 for what i am planning on doing i hope i can get there with these mods. with all the fueling those tuners will throw at it a 62 or 64 would be too small. I know a guy that already has his truck set up similer to what i am wanting to do and duing a sled pull he can hit 1600* and that swith stock cp3 and injectors and a silver bullet

Back