How to adjust shift points?? 48re

dangerous06

diesel tech
This has been bugging me for years! I usually throw it into tow haul when i want to downshift and hit it hard! Is there a way to make the tranny downshift when you need it? Like a four barrel when you floor it! Mine seems to just lug down and smoke like hell never down shifting when I floor it on the freeway! Any ideas? The tow trick works great! But i wish I didn't have too!!

06 and 07 you can adjust it in EFI live.

You can tweak the manual cable some if you have an 03-04 you can tweak the TV cable(don't get it too tight. Another thing(I haven't done this) reclock the TV motor if you have an 05+.

Before you do this, I would verify if you have a TV cable that it is adjusted properly.

How do you reclock the TV motor? I have a constant pressure valve body I thought it made the TV motor obsolete? i have no cable just the TV motor.

How do you reclock the TV motor? I have a constant pressure valve body I thought it made the TV motor obsolete? i have no cable just the TV motor.

This is correct...you could try to adjust GovPress, but a CPVB eliminates the TTVA.

This is correct...you could try to adjust GovPress, but a CPVB eliminates the TTVA.

It eliminates the impact that the TTVA has on the line pressure, but I still think it impacts throttle pressure and shift points. If not you would be shifting at the same RPM regardless of if you have it on the wood or at part throttle.

C'mon dangerous06 pushing a button to difficult Heeee, If I remember correctly You have RWD? if so go to 4:10 gears for city driving,we'll You might as well drop in that TrueTrac,tune with EFILive,But on all those worthless clover On&off CA ramps you still may need to push that button on occasion.

C'mon dangerous06 pushing a button to difficult Heeee, If I remember correctly You have RWD? if so go to 4:10 gears for city driving,we'll You might as well drop in that TrueTrac,tune with EFILive,But on all those worthless clover On&off CA ramps you still may need to push that button on occasion.

Thanks todd for that helpful info! Yeah I'll stick with the button for now! As far as those on ramps when the light turns green 0 to 70 in under 5 seconds is always fun!

Back