How to know if the CP3 will support the injectors right

ice.v8

hello everyone, how can i know if the cp3 (stock) is supporting good my injectors with 90hp nozzles ? i have a rail pressure gauge, what number does i have to see ? light throttle, medium and full throttle ? also at full throttle the numbers on the gauge have to go up fast or they raise slow ?

i also have an mp8 that i bought used, is there a way to test if it's working good with the rail pressure gauge ?

thanks !

hello everyone, how can i know if the cp3 (stock) is supporting good my injectors with 90hp nozzles ? i have a rail pressure gauge, what number does i have to see ? light throttle, medium and full throttle ? also at full throttle the numbers on the gauge have to go up fast or they raise slow ?

i also have an mp8 that i bought used, is there a way to test if it's working good with the rail pressure gauge ?

thanks !

your rail pressure should be around these readings:
Idle: 5000 PSI
Highway Driving: 15000 to 18000 PSI
WOT: 25000 to 26000 PSI

ok and the wot reading at 25000 - 26000 should be immediately when you kick down or it should raise slowly from the 18000 cruising ?

You won't see over 23,500 without a pressure box or EFI.

6-8000 idle

17-20,000 at 2000-2200 rpm under mod throttle.

21-23.5 under full throttle.

You'll notice a drop on psi from 20k down to 17-18000 when you accelerate from a cruising speed, then it will come back up to 20k and climb to 23.5k over 2500rpm and full throttle.

~Les

You won't see over 23,500 without a pressure box or EFI.

6-8000 idle

17-20,000 at 2000-2200 rpm under mod throttle.

21-23.5 under full throttle.

You'll notice a drop on psi from 20k down to 17-18000 when you accelerate from a cruising speed, then it will come back up to 20k and climb to 23.5k over 2500rpm and full throttle.

~Les

This!^
Basically you watch RP on a scan tool, actual RP should be close to desired RP. A gauge on the pillar will give you a good idea, but desired RP changes based on load, rpm, throttle input, etc therfor a scan tool is the only way to get an acurate RP reading.

The quicker the pressure rises, the greater the potential for power.

A good CP3 will maintain pressure through the gears, if it drops it will only be a slight drop. If it falls and builds, you are lacking potential.

perfect i will check it as soon as i receive the new pads & rotors...
Shane i have 100hp (50% more then stock) nozzles bought here in italy... what do you suggest about cp3 ? will your arson III do his work or is it better to go with a complete pump ? first of all i will check rail pressure and then i will report here the numbers...
thanks by now everyone...

Back