How to word a box charger turbo rule

We still talking about a entry level 2wd class right?? Basically programmer, turbo, and intakes, 30in hitch, traction bars. In short a class that if you had a 2wd diesel and a little money could make a pulling truck and get the fever and not make momma to mad. LOL

Yes, just because it says you can run a big rear end and solid suspension doesn't mean you have to. Hopefully we can get enough interest in a few years to split the classes up a little bit more but for now we have to be kind of open about stuff

Are 2wd trucks allowed to run a transfercase? Cause that would help keep them streetable without going to super deep rear axle gears...

I would love a box stock 366 charger rule cause I could actually afford to build a pulling truck, 2wd or 4wd...

I think a good starting base for this would be any of the cheaply bought 2wd 87-97 Ford F-Superduty and 2nd gen Dodge 3500HD trucks since both are beam axles in the front. Chevy had the 6.5 3500HD as well which was almost identical to the ford suspension wise. Ford and chevy got 10 lug 37 spline dana 80HD's too...

Will engine swaps be allowed as long as they meet the required rules?

Are 2wd trucks allowed to run a transfercase? Cause that would help keep them streetable without going to super deep rear axle gears...

I would love a box stock 366 charger rule cause I could actually afford to build a pulling truck, 2wd or 4wd...

I think a good starting base for this would be any of the cheaply bought 2wd 87-97 Ford F-Superduty and 2nd gen Dodge 3500HD trucks since both are beam axles in the front. Chevy had the 6.5 3500HD as well which was almost identical to the ford suspension wise. Ford and chevy got 10 lug 37 spline dana 80HD's too...

Will engine swaps be allowed as long as they meet the required rules?

Yes, my plan is to still run a transfer case in mine. And yes engine swaps will be allowed as long as all other rules are met and there's nothing really crazy mountwise that moves the weight of the engine around forward or backward

Its a 700$ turbo:lolly:
But no its the fact that said turbo limits power, parts live , class will be competitive, it will make winning or losing on the driver /setup, and it will be a class that an average working man can afford

We ran a stock NV4500 in Lynn's 2wd with no issues other than the top hat wore out and would hang in 5th. That is running 2nd gear with 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and a 6.17 gear.

He never had a problem hurting the gear or going through the counter shaft?

In my opinion it's a huge part of it. I think a budget class would be fun.

I still don't think your gonna stop having $20K under the hood still.

If people wanted to hook for just fun, they could hook in current classes.

I understand the thought behind the class, be interesting how long before someone creates another class.

I would think and hope it would break off to other classes as the "poor man" class takes off and grows. Isn't that how pulling overall grew?? People come to the pulls to see the front ends come off the ground and the smoke from the diesels, so why not get the best of both worlds?? The problem with just for fun guys or just testing the waters is they basically just hand over the hook fee. At lest with a starter class they get their feet wet and can grow into the class and will bring them back. I would hope.

So buying a $1000 turbo, versus buying a $4000 turbo is what keeps folks from pulling?

It is me, same reason I run a $3200 crate engine in my dirt car and not a $9000 built engine...

What I find funny is most of the people complaining about this is the boys with the big money...

Rules that limit money/horsepower in every form of motorsports works, except pulling because everyone wants to make a $ from someone else, thats why every couple years the turbo rules change, so everyone has to buy a new turbo to keep up and the turbo shops fill their pockets with money. I can buy that charger cheap, and buy it almost anywhere at any time, not having to wait weeks for someone to build one from scratch. I can junk a turbo every 3 pulls and still compete a full at the same price as one big money turbo and from what I've seen how long those big money units last I'm not impressed...

And I bet I can get a shop like Southeast Power Systems to sponsor me a off the shelf $700 unit they can sell a bunch of versus a $$$ custom unit they will never sell...

Back